the child with the all-over,
ever-changing, over-the-top dramatic,
all-out super personality!
A lackluster, money-centered, capitalist, mass-produced, peer-pressured planet Earth is
Until cosplay takes flight and visits the corners of the globe
dropping its shimmering feathers
melting away borders as the very face of
feelings that can instill boundless courage and confidence.
When the tinkling of her crystal bell
and the recorded melodies of noisemakers draw near
hard times and stone walls flee,
for the mighty conqueror,
Beautiful to the fingertips and eye,
cosplay costumes can be elaborate as a full-blown magical warrior battle costume
with ears, tail, bow, and arrow complete,
or powerful and simple like a fuzzy, faded yellow, well-worn Pikachu hat.
The tang of adventure and amusement follows the
enigmatic and edgy ninja to the
maid-café decora dress to
the ever-present Hatsune Miku headphone set.
The rustle and swish of fabric or maybe the character’s signature scent
escorts the individual
as he or she makes their way down the pathway of self-expression.
Cosplay is everywhere,
from Anime Expo in America to weekends in Harajuku
and conventions in Paris and London and all around the world.
Know a certain language or dress a certain style we need not;
the rainbow twins
alike but different in every way and
their companion the bird who
yet to be awakened in every person resides
fly far and wide.
Excluded not a soul and ideas flow freely
in this form of art diverse yet unifying.
the rainbow child,
is never dull, never boring.
One moment she is blissful, then dejected
then noisy and bright and ostentatiously exuberant
and dark and secretive and covert and quiet all at once.
Cosplay has the beautiful taste of originality.
It may seem as if all who wear the costumes
are only carbon copies of each other.
Yes, every time there are a hundred tie-clad schoolgirls
and manifold swashbuckling, kowtowing, One Piece-lite pirates
and plenty of large-eared Links or aliens
and Mario or Naruto imitators
and suspender-wearing, bleached-haired band members
and Mistys with their oversized Pokémon plushies
and face-painted, glittering fairies
but anyplace there’s a common sight
something new and fresh and different exists.
Finite are the colors in the cosplay rainbow
and so the savors are always different.
Everyone has an exceptional way
to make it their own.
And whenever stormy and gloomy the world seems,
cloned and same old same old,
Cosplay is always there to remind us that
the song of the imagination
41 Notes/ Hide
- astrid-vogel likes this
- lexilool reblogged this from cosplayinamerica
- lexilool likes this
- knightofsilence likes this
- pomodoko likes this
- amberapiru likes this
- fibonaccisgoldensnare reblogged this from littlesleepydragon
- fibonaccisgoldensnare likes this
- ladywillowgrey likes this
- snowstormspirit reblogged this from nekocronadragonnerd
- oshova750 reblogged this from cosplayinamerica
- oshova750 likes this
- pinkblackmemories reblogged this from cosplayinamerica
- kawaiiblogger-chan reblogged this from cosplayinamerica
- guavas-on-patrol reblogged this from cosplayinamerica
- zen-kaze reblogged this from cosplayinamerica
- zen-kaze likes this
- hawk222 likes this
- sempiternal-winterspell reblogged this from nekocronadragonnerd
- chibierwin likes this
- mrsmorningstar likes this
- mirailegna reblogged this from cosplayinamerica
- strawberrybats likes this
- strawberrybats reblogged this from cosplayinamerica
- noh-vaarr reblogged this from cosplayinamerica
- littlesleepydragon reblogged this from timeisntlinear
- serenitisconstance reblogged this from cosplayinamerica
- nekocronadragonnerd reblogged this from cosplayinamerica
- nekocronadragonnerd likes this
- shinigamiokami reblogged this from cosplayinamerica
- timeisntlinear reblogged this from cosplayinamerica
- shinigamiokami likes this
- nijiinmypbj reblogged this from cosplayinamerica
- it-cost-to-play reblogged this from cosplayinamerica
- tangledwebcosplay likes this
- vegraptor reblogged this from cosplayinamerica